I’m thrilled to announce the winners of our first ever Golf is Hard TV contest! If you recall, we announced this first contest “Winner Winner Chicken Dinner” back on February 20th, 2009. While the response wasn’t overwhelming, we did get a few terrific submissions. I’m thrilled to announce the winners here today (along with selected submissions). Winners should expect their box of Swing Reminders within a week or so.
I’ve listed out some of my personal favorite entries below… the winners are in bold and happen to be the last 3 in the list!
- Andy: “Don’t miss it or top it”
- Alan: “Thumbs Down” (not surprising since that’s what his book is about!)
- Coach Dave: “Low and slow”
- Marc (me!): “Just relax”
- WINNER: Golfsupple: “Lead with your left”
- WINNER: Peter: “The more you know the more you don’t know”
- WINNER: Hugh: “Load……….fire………..and admire”
Congrats to the winners, Peter, Hugh and Golfsupple!
As an aside.. the phrase “Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner” comes from a legend. It tells that years ago every casino in Las Vegas had a three-piece chicken dinner with a potato and a veggie for $1.79. A standard bet back then was $2, hence when you won a bet you had enough for a chicken dinner.